Celebrity Gossip

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

I'm Jessica, a music enthusiast and all around lover of things. I am nerdy, girly, hyper & own my own Business. This blog is to bring reviews, business tips and overall whatever to your eyeballs. Don't look at me in that tone of voice. ;)

An amazingly Odd adventure!

While browsing Netflix, I came across the most amazing find! Odd Thomas the movie (Based on the Dean Koontz Novel)! Most of you probably have never heard of 'ol Oddie, so I'm taking it upon myself to tell you about him.

The movie is about Odd Thomas, a fry cook who sees ghosts. The small town he lives in, Pico Mundo, is full of spirits who appear to him asking for help. No one knows of his gift except his girlfriend, Stormy, and the town Sheriff. His gift also allows him to know when bad things are about to happen through mysterious and evil Bodachs, dark spirits that appear and feed on death and pain. The movie focuses on Odd and his quest to prevent the largest destruction and death that will change Pico Mundo forever.

While Koontz is a renowned author, his Odd Thomas series does not get nearly enough recognition. To my excitement, the first movie in the series "Odd Thomas" has been made, but went directly to Nexflix. I had no idea that almost a year ago the movie had been officially released, and hit theaters in select cities across the US.

According to the articles I read, there was some $25 million dollars that still go unpaid that would have gone towards marketing and advertising. Because of this, I fear the fate of the remainder of the series is sealed. I would be elated if the rest of the movies came to fruition.

The movie itself was brilliantly done.  It's rare you watch a movie based on a book that comes close to the imagery your brain comes up with. The production team was true to the book, even in the changes. The casting could not have been better. Anton Yelchin has been one of my 'watch out for' actors since I saw him guest-star in an episode of Criminal Minds. Hold onto your hats, Anton and Ashley will blow you away!



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment