Celebrity Gossip

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

I'm Jessica, a music enthusiast and all around lover of things. I am nerdy, girly, hyper & own my own Business. This blog is to bring reviews, business tips and overall whatever to your eyeballs. Don't look at me in that tone of voice. ;)

Robin Williams Dead at 63 (Updated)


The world cries.

(Reuters) - Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead on Monday from an apparent suicide at his home in Northern California, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.   Full Story

The sheriff's coroner's division said it suspects the death was a suicide due to asphyxia, but the cause of death is still under investigation.

"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken," Williams's wife Susan Schneider said in a statement.

The whole world lost today. To me, he was a long lost uncle who I had heard all about and seen home movies of. His comic and artistic acting went beyond the usual haha. He had depth, even among laughter. What Dreams May Come is one of my all-time favorite films. He's played a dirty old man, kids trapped in adult bodies, a genie, a doctor and even a woman, among other memorable characters!

Williams, who introduced his frenetic style on late 1970s TV series "Mork & Mindy" and had struggled with addiction in the past, had entered a Minnesota rehabilitation center last month to help him maintain sobriety.

It devastates me that things get to this point for so many. People are forced to fake a smile to get through the day. I feel more and more determined with each press release about suicide, people lost from depression or bipolar disorder. It pains me that he could not keep going. It pains me that so many were ignorant to his struggles.

In my darkest and most lonely hours, I would watch What Dreams May Come and be convinced that  there was someone, out there, who would face the depth of hell to save my soul.

I wish I could check with the boatman on the River Styx and confirm that Robin has made it home.

Our final prayer for him is to hope he's found peace.

What Robin Williams Movie are you watching today to celebrate his life?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment